Waste Disposal - Get a Camera and a Receipt

is this an outsource contract?

If no, then raise exposure within the LA bureaucracy. Go right to the top (CEO) enlisting local councilor and MP. From a sufficient height the jobsworths will melt away

If yes, then raise issue with the waste department. Identify whether this behaviour is outside the terms of the SLA. Almost certainly it is and they will agree to remind the site people of this.

Either way, test for greenie-wankers and make sure that you are not dealing with anyone on a mission. Keep in mind that these are failed conservation officers. Unless your address is the Royal Crescent in Bath there is probably no reason for their existence.

Reply to
Andy Hall

It

Shouldn't be necessary. These people are not empowered to make these arbitrary decisions. Reasonably, they should be able to verify that you live in their catchment area (utility bill), but that's it. Once the discussion moves to vehicle type and subterfuge, they are way out of line and need to be put firmly in their place.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Sounds like the bloke who wanted to cut down some conifers for me, then take away the waste all for £60. I had to hire 2 4cu yd skips to get rid of the waste, and it took around

5 hours cutting them down. There is no way the waste would have been dumped legally for a total of £60. Alan.
Reply to
A.Lee

Abfallpolizei --> Geheimstatspolizei?

Do they wear leather?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Did you sign up asking for a referendum?

Reply to
Andy Hall

It

So how does this bureaucratic nonsense solve that problem?

Reply to
Andy Hall

It is the same here (Leics.). To take a van, or a trailer to the tip, you need a permit to use the tip. This is not a Waste Transfer Licence, it is just a permit to show that you are not a Commercial 'dumper'. It costs around £5 for 2 years.

If there is any commercial sign writing on the van, or they suspect you of dumping trade waste, then you are kicked out. Commercial vehicles need to show their waste licence before they can enter, as well as a trade licence to use the tip.

It in no way discourages fly-tipping. I would gladly take my (commercial) rubbish there, and pay the £61/tonne to dump it, but to do that, I would need to apply for a waste transfer licence (£140/3 yrs), then another permit to use that tip, then the bill for dumping is on top. To make things easier for me, when needed, I just hire a skip. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

But even that is a nightmare. If you live near a border it could be half a mile to the local tip and ten (or more) miles to the one that officially serves you. (I used to live in that situation.) Really saves fuel...

"They" should come to some agreement about cross-border use.

Reply to
Rod

A.Lee (alan@darkroom.+.com (A.Lee)) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

What do YOU think?

My view would carry no weight.

I don't _live_ in Bucks. I live about a mile from the border. My local tip in THIS county is closed for damn near a year for refurb, and before that was open much shorter hours than the Bucks ones - as well as requiring you to carry everything from ground level up the steps to the tops of the containers, whilst the Bucks ones have the ground level with the tops.

Permits are free... BUT... I can't have one, because I don't live in Bucks!

A bit excessive for a few binbags of DIY/garden rubbish

Reply to
Adrian

How do I do that, as if it will make a scrap of difference?

We're doomed, we're doomed.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

This is why this silly nonsense won't work. There is too large a price delta between the kosher way and the commercial way. Given that most people buy on price rather than value, this guy will be able to buy chocolate biscuits for a long time to come. If you don't want to pay the low price, your neihbour will. He won't have to knock on many doors

Reply to
Andy Hall

Quite. I take it that you have supported the referendum campaign?

Reply to
Andy Hall

A true classic! Thanks, Chris. :-)

Reply to
mick

Contact your MP.

Reply to
Andy Hall

There are a few of those. For example

this one is primarily a marketing Jodrell, it does allow me to dump what I need to in Bracknell rather than needing to fit the machine guns to the Land Rover in order to get to the Reading one.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Old-time computing people might also enjoy this:

Bob Eager

Both those excellent links go on forever.

Reply to
Rod

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Yes, it will be a very interesting meeting next time he holds a surgery. I am looking forward to it :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I have the CD!