Cloud 9 Underlay which way up?

I guess the "Cloud 9" writing should be uppermost after it has been laid but can't find anywhere to confirm this? Anyone know for definite?

Steven Campbell

When I had mine laid 3 years ago the 'coulored' face was uppermost. As the brown face on your picture is similar to ''waffle' underlay I presume my carpet fitters laid it correctly, after all they do it every day and I don't!

HTH

John

Reply to
John

>>> When I had mine laid 3 years ago the 'coulored' face was uppermost. As

That should of course say coloured!

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

>>> When I had mine laid 3 years ago the 'coulored' face was uppermost. As

Thanks John but I'm not really sure what side up you mean when you say coloured face uppermost?

The brown in the picture where it says "cloud" is actually backing paper as opposed to waffle. It's the same backing paper on waffle underlay and on waffle underlay it says "this side up" so that's why I presumed looking at the picture it should be "cloud" facing up!

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

I laid mine cloud up, but that does mean you can't just unroll it into position. The carpet fitter did not comment on it, either.

Reply to
John Rumm

> Well I laid mine cloud up, but that does mean you can't just unroll it

Thanks John.

I've only laid mine out but when walking over it there seems to be a crunching noise. Did you notice anything similar with yours?

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

> Cheers

RW

> Well I laid mine cloud up, but that does mean you can't just unroll it

You get a slight rustle from the backing paper / plastic film on the face of it - but you can't hear that when the carpet is down.

Reply to
John Rumm

replying to Steven Campbell, Alan Chapman wrote: Makers website for a similar product says: "Top Surface: Printed stitch bonded white crepe paper. Underside: Spun bonded non-woven fabric." Seems to confirm crepe paper side is designed to be uppermost.

Reply to
Alan Chapman

I am sure he will be relived to get that underlay down after waiting 11 years...

Reply to
John Rumm

Its no good moaning at the people its the bloody stupid sorting system on that silly usenet portal that sorts stuff in month no matter what year it was. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

If it's any consolation Brian, the NS&I website sorts the premium bond winners using the same 'algorithm' !!.

eg, look at high value winners, click on 'date purchased' and you get this :-

£5,000 68GP030231 £40,000 Dorset £2,000 Sep-96 £100,000 312DH340007 £20,000 Hants&IoW £20,000 Sep-17 £10,000 310VJ799932 £20,000 Cheshire £18,500 Sep-17 . .
Reply to
Andrew