Washing machine water level Bosch WFL 2450

About 4 weeks ago I replaced the brushes on my Bosch WFL2450 washing machine. As the brushes were so inaccessable requiring motor removal I checked out other things first. Including the level switch, which when tested with a continuity tester showed it was a single level switch despite having two pairs of contacts, this made me think the level swich was duff and in my enthusaism to investigate further I adjsuted (fiddled with) the two allen key brass screws on the level switch without noting their pre-fiddle position.

The washing hasn't been as fresh as usual and I suspected too little water was getting in to the drum. After some experimenting tonight it seems the lower screw adjust the level and initially there was maybe 1" of water in the drum when filled on cold wash with no clothes. I've adjusted for maybe 3 or 4", with the water just upto the bottom holes in the rear of the drum. It's now doing a test wash.

My question is can anybody guide me on how to properly adjust the water level and how much water should be in the drum on a test wash with no clothes.

Also can anybody confirm the spin direction of this machine.

Thanks .

Ian

Reply to
ian