washing machine waste plumbing

Hello,

Perhaps this is a daft question but these nozzles that are advertised as an "appliance adaptor" to connect your washing machine (and presumably dishwasher or spin dryer) to your 40 mm waster pipe, how good are they?

Does the waste pipe from the machine just push on? I'd be worried that it might wriggle free and flood the floor; do they would need restraining with a jubilee clip?

Thanks.

Reply to
nospam

Yep, just push on and secure with a Jubilee clip - ours has been like that for the last 14 years

JellyBelly

Reply to
JellyBelly

Have seen both. Nozzle is tapered so if the waste is given a healthy push onto it it shouldn't leak, however as the cost of a jubilee clip is minimal, and there doesn't appear to be a drawback (obviously if the clip is put on "stupid tight" then the edge of the clip may cut into the hose) we have one over the top as a "mind rester".

Reply to
soup

They do just push on, but I always use a clip - just to be on the safe side.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Or a good solid cable tie if you're feeling cheap.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges

Thanks. I've never used these nozzles before; I've always used a washing machine trap. I'll use a jubilee clip just to be sure.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Reply to
nospam