washing machine waste pipe

hi just a quick one
while my kitchens in a mess is it possible to use my washing machine
in the bathroom and put the waste pipe in the bath or sink?
this would just be a one off, so is it ok ?
thanks
Reply to
benpost
Yes but Better to put it in the bath. The water comes out in a rush at first and might overwhelm a sink outlet especially if it is a bit clogged, as most are. Make sure that you tie the pipe onto a tap or bath handle. There is a strong reaction force which, if the pipe is loose, will make your bathroom look like a scene from Laurel and Hardy with a hosepipe.
Peter Scott
Reply to
Peter Scott
Do you really believe that most sink (wash basin) outlets are a bit clogged?
Not had a problem in 35 years of house ownership.
Reply to
John
thanks for the response. i was going to try it then realised i needed a cold water input... so i checked the bathroom and thought i could use the shower cold mains water supply but i found the pipes are smaller in the bathroom. i have just had a quick clean and put the washer in the kitchen temporarily back how it was.
Reply to
benpost
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 13:39:35 GMT, "John" wrote:
I imagine the curve of our bathroom sink combined with fast water would create as much mess as the effect of the sink being blocked. Using the bath is sensible advice.
Reply to
Mogga
In article , Peter Scott writes:
Don't allow the washing machine detergent to linger in the bath. It's quite powerful stuff and might damage a number of bath surfaces. (Many hand-wash detergents warn you not to use them in enamelled baths, as they damage the enamel surface).
When I had a kitchen in bits, I had the dishwasher discharging into the kitchen sink, a side effect of which was I never needed to clean the kitchen sink -- the hot dishwasher discharge kept the kitchen sink looking wounderful by itself.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in