Washing machine parts suppliers

Hello group,

I'm trying to find a stockist of parts for an Indesit Washer/Dryer - one of the concrete weights has fallen apart and was creating a banging noise on spin. I've now removed it but obviously need a replacement. Can anyone recommend an on-line supplier? CPC don't list and Indesit parts at all, and some of the other found from googling don't list weights, just common stuff lke belts & motors.

Many thanks,

Alan.

Alan

Don't have an answer to the question but aren't these weights made to balance a specific machine i.e. like balancing a car wheel. So I would have thought that you cannot just buy a new one 'off the shelf'. I may be wrong it has been known once!! ;-)

John

Reply to
John

As long as they deal with Indesit (and I'm pretty sure they do) they can quote for, and get, the part. Ring them on Monday.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Twice now !!!

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Will do, thanks. Machine seems to be running fine without the weight, far quester than it was before anyway! Will get a replacement sorted ASAP anyway.

Alan.

Alan

"Alan" wrote in news:41710d11$1_5@127.0.0.1:

Try

have used them several times and have found them very good.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Selwyn-Smith

Why not cast your own?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Ian,

That is plan "B" if if can't get a replacement easily!

Thanks,

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

Try these people

got some new brushed for the motor of my machine

Reply to
Tone

I can recommend

even if u can't find it on their website, email merv and he will email a link back to you for the part. Rich

Reply to
ritchieaber

Hi,

Might be possible to stick together with Araldite (epoxy) if it's in several bits. Also try gluing something like nylon webbing round the weight to stop further cracking.

P&P on a concrete weight may be a bit costly...

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Stick it together with car body filler. Been holding the bricks on my drum for the last 2 years.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher