Washer-Dryer steam escaping

My Indesit washer-dryer has just started spewing steam on the drying cycle. I have cleaned out the waste 'trap' in the front (and made 6p in to the bargain) but I still have steam escaping from around the detergent tray when it's drying.

Any ideas?

Simon

Reply to
Bitstreams

Bitstreams said the following on 18/09/2005 13:06:

If it's anything like my Zanussi condensing washer dryer, then you need to pull the unit out, take the covers off and look for a plastic condensing unit which takes the "wet" air from the top of the drum and drips cold water through it before returning it at the bottom. The cold water drip lowers the temperature of the "wet" air, causing some of the water vapour to condense out. Anyway, the condenser unit will probably be blocked with fluff and bits of scale, etc. You need to clean it out as best you can with an unbent wire coat hanger, lots of water and possibly an air line if you have one. This is a regular annual maintenance job on my Zanussi.

Reply to
Smudger

Thanks - I will try that and let you know how I get on.

Bitstreams