Wanted - something like epoxy/fibreglass resin but easier to use, needn't be as strong

Id buy 5 litres of poroper polyester resin and hardener.

Bloody site cheaper than poxy.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They made car bodies out of it for long enough.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

since you're not willing to tell us what we'd need to know, replies seem po intless

Reply to
tabbypurr

My point exactly. One of my first thoughts was sugar syrup, as used to make "theatrical" glass for stunt work.

Reply to
newshound

When they used to make aircraft from fabric over wood they use some kind of dope but it was quite firm, maybe a bit too firm. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

wasn't firm at all of course, just pulled tight

Reply to
tabbypurr

Remembering that von Richthofen landed his plane after being fatally wounded, I was going to say ?not all?, but then Wikipedia says that although his plane was relatively undamaged, souvenir collectors soon took it to bits. So it was lost all the same.

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn