Linseed oil to seal terracotta tiles

For our terracotta tiles, we had planned to use an impregnator and then to wax them. But I've read several suggestions to use linseed oil, raw or boiled, then wax.
The impregnator we have already used is Hagesan Impregnating Sealer:
<http://www.hagesan.co.uk/epages/61534384.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61 534384/Products/hag29/SubProducts/hag29-0001>
I presume that linseed oil is a completely irreversible treatment.
Any advice or suggestions would be very welcome.
Daniele
--
Wanted: TEAC A-2300SX, Akai GX-4000D

D.M. Procida wrote:

Link doesn't work for me, but I guess it's the terracotta clean and shine you're using, which is an acrylic. The COSHH document says it's less than 5% resin so you could probably use it stronger than suggested for a seal. That said, it's described as "white" rather than clear, so do a test piece. I've never seen a terracotta varnish that (to me) didn't spoil the natural appearance. I'm not a lover of the wet look. A seal is one thing but, when you start to build a layer on top of the tiles, you're inviting problems. Linseed and wax would be the last things I'd consider. The oil takes a long time to dry, and wax applied over the top slows it still further. The net result is usually a soft gunk that will eventually have to be stripped off.

No, it's <http://tinyurl.com/5y8ube - an impregnator. Even though it's called "Impregnating Sealer", confusingly, on the back of the tin it says that it's doesn't seal the tiles.
Daniele
--
Wanted: TEAC A-2300SX, Akai GX-4000D

D.M. Procida wrote:

A quick look at the COSHH sheet suggests that it's mostly solvent which possibly leaves some kind of grease behind when it has evaporated. Says it may solidify below freezing, so it will presumably always be tacky at room temperature. You wonder how different it really is to, say, vaseline. Anyway, you've already used that, so I think I might go for their clean and shine product which would hopefully build a finish gradually as you wash the floor.