Wanted - Mira shower part

Yes I know you can get the complete unit from Mira for around £30, but it seems silly to pay that when I am neither that desperate, nor when I only need one small plastic part of the whole assembly...

So I wondered if anyone might be in the process of taking one out and might be able to salvage the part.

The shower head and pipe, fits into a plastic holder. Press a large button on the holder and you can slide the entire thing up and down a pole bracketed to the wall, to suit the height of the user.

The head actually drops into a large C shaped light grey bracket, in the holder, which allows you to set the angle of the head. It is that grey C shaped bit of plastic I am seeking, should anyone happen across one please. It just rotates so it is at 90 deg to the holder and clicks into place.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Harry,

Not quite answering your question, but it may be of interest to you for information.

I bought the complete showerhead holder assembly for a Mira Sports shower from my local Plumb Center for 16.80 inc. vat (Catalogue No D59702 Mira Response 411.23 Clamp Bracket Assembly) after finally surrendering and buying the whole assembly after several attempts at repairing the old one.

Now the unfortunate thing is, I threw the old one with the part that you're after, into the bin a few weeks ago.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

In article , Cash

Reply to
tony sayer

Andy Burns

That was maybe the one I found, at around £30.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Oh well, thanks anyway..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Maybe worth scouring ebay....

ss

Having just got out of the shower, I've remembered I replaced the whole riser bar and head-holder on mine a few years ago, can you pinpoint the actual part on the Shower Doctor site you're after?

If it's the type I used to have I could have a nose in the loft, I generally keep bits in case they come in handy ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

It is the same riser on several models, but if you look at this diagram..

Part #6 is the entire assembly. Where the shower head drops into #6 there is a C shaped grey plastic part, which grips the fitting on the end of the hose (#7). The C shaped part allows the angle of the head to be adjusted via click stops. If it is turned 90 deg, it can be eased out of #6.

In its broken state it still works, but it is a bit of a faff, to get back in when it falls out.

Cheers..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Not what you want but I bought the complete unit and replaced the lot when this happened. I kept the old, non-broken, parts for spares.

Reply to
Mark

superglue

Yes I know you can get the complete unit from Mira for around £30, but it seems silly to pay that when I am neither that desperate, nor when I only need one small plastic part of the whole assembly...

So I wondered if anyone might be in the process of taking one out and might be able to salvage the part.

The shower head and pipe, fits into a plastic holder. Press a large button on the holder and you can slide the entire thing up and down a pole bracketed to the wall, to suit the height of the user.

The head actually drops into a large C shaped light grey bracket, in the holder, which allows you to set the angle of the head. It is that grey C shaped bit of plastic I am seeking, should anyone happen across one please. It just rotates so it is at 90 deg to the holder and clicks into place.

Reply to
Judith

Judith was thinking very hard :

No, I have already tried that, the join snaps when you attempt to refit it back in place.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

ss wrote in news:ezciu.111864$ snipped-for-privacy@fx07.am:

pt=UK_Home_Garden_Bathroom_Show

What about buring a generic riser and bracket from a plumbers merchant. Surely it doesn't need to be Mira.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

That's the type I have now, so the previous riser I might have stashed somewhere is an older model, part #12 on this diagram.

Andy Burns

Well thanks for taking the time to check Andy..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

ss grunted in news:ezciu.111864$ snipped-for-privacy@fx07.am:

Yes I needed what sounds like the same item not long ago; ebay was my friend - is this the one?: (or

.

Whatever, ebay's brilliant for this sort of stuff. If you don't mind waiting a bit, and you'd rather wait until someone lists a second-hand one, set up a search on the site which will email you when someone does so.

Reply to
Lobster

Lobster formulated the question :

That shows two completely different brackets in the photo, are they supplying two?

The one I need is the top one in the photo, or rather just the C shaped part that the head drops into.

Harry Bloomfield

You get to choose!

Reply to
Andy Burns

Harry Bloomfield grunted in news: snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.tiscali.co.uk:

Bit odd - there's a drop-down menu to enable you to select which of the two you want. Presumably done simply to save on ebay listing fees

Reply to
Lobster