Freezer with rust spots

It's about 10 years old and the door has rust spots -lots of them. I assume the insulation on the door has failed and I would be better off buying a new freezer for around £150 than trying to repair it. It's working overtime to keep the shelves full of ice:-).

Reply to
ARW

That is usually an indication of the insulation having failed and absorbed moisture. You could clean out all of the old insulation and reinsulate with expanding foam, but would it be worth the effort?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

If you have the stat set high turn it down Adam and see if the compressor kick off. If not it is probably getting f***ed.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

The stat and compressor seem fine. I'll probably wait until after Christmas and see what is on offer in the sales. I want a bigger freezer anyway so this looks like the best option.

Reply to
ARW

Do NOT buy frost free.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I do not intend to.

I have "self converted" a fridge onto a frost free drinks fridge - bloody thing packed up and filled up with ice at the back of it. Switched it off until the ice melted and then used a plug in timer with 15 minutes on out of every 50 minutes. I really must get a new stat for it and also convert the fluorescent lights in to LEDS (suppose a PIR would also help with that)

Reply to
ARW

I don't fully understand.

Reply to