WallPaper Stripping - Wallwik

Hi All

I have recently been browsing the Newsgroups for tips re stripping wallpaper.

A few people mentioned using Wallwik sheets

Does anybody know of a UK supplier for Wallwik sheets ?

Regards

Con

Reply to
Red Devil

I have no idea what they are, but as someone who spent yesterday evening stripping wallpaper, I can thoroughly recommend a Bosch wallpaper steamer. They are very cheap (~£35), and a superb tool. Just make sure you score the paper first.

Reply to
Grunff

That depends on the paper, and the number and type of coats of paint on it too. An alternative which might lower risk of damaging the plaster is to steam it but not strip it initially. Some of the water will soak in. Some time later, steam it again, and it will come off much easier, and the water which soaked in boils too, and lifts it off. I discovered this by accident some years back. Also worked for stripping layers of paint right back to the clean plaster in one go.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I had exactly the same problem, and even contacted Wallwik in the states.

The supplier they had over here has gone out of business, so I had to order some direct from the US.

However, it was definitely worth the effort.

I was able to strip a big room, with woodchip stuck directly onto plasterboard with ease.

I rang Fred Benson at this store, and paid by credit card, and bought

2 packs. - cost about £30 for 2 packs.

Lund's Hardware

201 South Main Street P.O. Box 165 River Falls, WI 54022

(715) 425-2415

Reply to
Chris Howard

I am sure this stuff has featured on the QVC Sunday DIY program not so long ago. I have had a look on their web site

but cannot find anything at present. May be worth giving them a call (freephone 0800 50 40

30) and ask them to do a search on their system.

HTH

John "

Reply to
John