wall light with switch below

I want to install a wall light with the switch directly below it, on the wall in my kitchen. I have not yet bought the light. The cable will come down from the ceiling to the light and then to the switch. It seems sensible to run the cable straight down to to the switch and break the neutral and earth out of the cable where the light will go. Is this OK? Is it a good idea to use a box at the site of the light? What sort?

Thanks

Reply to
Peter Scott

on the light you want to buy and if you want to do any plastering.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

why not

Reply to