Wago connectors - don't take cable sizes they say

I am using Wago connectors on my boat, especially the 222 style ones with the little push down lever, they're very useful for connecting several wires together.

However the 222 connectors are supposed to take cable up to 4sq mm but I couldn't get them to manage anywhere near that. In fact I broke the connector's little lever when I tried to push it down on a 2.5sq mm cable so I really can't see how a 4sq mm would fit. This was flexible

2.5sq mm, multi-strand, not 2.5sq mm solid as in T&E.

I like the wago connectors and will continue to use them but the capacity of the 222 series is considerably exaggerated.

Reply to
tinnews

I don't know if it is relevant but Wago (in the leaflet I have) only specify the 222 for *flex* up to 4mm2. They give a max. of 2.5mm2 for solid and "stiff stranded" cable.

Reply to
Robin

... but I was trying to use 2.5sq mm *flexible* wire, and that broke the connector.

Reply to
tinnews