Wadkin jointer - what's it worth

Does anyone know what a Wadkin 9BFT jointer might be worth?

Dave S

Reply to
Dave

Are you buying or selling ?

The smart answer is whatever someone will pay for it.

Check with any of the major suppliers of used woodworking machinery. Some people pay mad money for old machines on the basis that they don't make them like they used to, to which all I can say is 'Thank God'

As an aside, surely Wadkin would have made joiners not jointers.

Paul Mc cann

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

Search back through Ebay achive perhaps?

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Unfortunately non listed.

Dave S

Reply to
Dave

What condition ?

What size ?

What motor ? single or three ?

What tooling is with it ? Are the knives in good condition ? Any spares ?

Where is it, how heavy is it to move, does it break down easily for estate car transport, and can you assist with loading ?

Wadkin stuff is always sought after. Now I don't know their jointers, but if this is a 9" jointer then I guess it's ideal for the well-heeled amateur or small-scale furniture maker who wants Wadkin's quality but can't find space for their usual behemoths. These are also people with slightly deeper pockets (and certainly longer arms) than those buying >12" wide three-phase-only kit.

I'd suggest some web searching for the many dealers who handle this kit, but eBay often seems to give both buyer and seller a better deal for a one-off that's car or light van-sized. My own Wadkin saw (the ubiquitous 10AGS) came from there.

With an email address like that, you might even find that another reader of this newsgroup might take an interest 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley