Vokera Mynute Central Heating Boiler

We have recently moved to a property and are having difficulty coming t

grips with the central heating system.

Having found Powergen's energy efficiency website and read th instructions in the Vokera manual, the Vokera Thermostat Control kno is set to about a middle setting. The radiator control knob in th lounge is set at 4 and the others in the house are set between 1.5 & 2 Because the weather is not yet cold enough (long may it last) we ar using the manual settings for heating the house, when we need it.

What we are finding is that the radiator temperatures seldom seem t match what we would expect with the settings on the control knobs. e.g those set on 1.5 or 2 are often cold and the one set at 4 is often jus warm.

What we are finding is that the Boiler frequently (every few minutes 'turns itself off' and then restarts with a "whoosh" and we ar wondering if this is why the radiators are not heating up as we woul expect. Is this normal?

We have tried turning the radiators up to 6 to see what difference tha makes. When we do this we can hear a noise where the water enters th radiators as if water is flowing into them and they do seem to heat u especially after we hear the whoosh, but the heaters seldom seem to ge as warm as we would expect and the Boiler still seems to frequentl 'turns itself off.'

There is certainly a lack of consistency about all this as on occasion (whether or not we make the adjustments) the radiators do get very ho for the 'standard' settings we have selected.

The pressure bar on the boiler seems to be consistenly at 1.5.

We are looking for some advice as to:

  • whether we are not operating the system correctly;
  • what the problem might be;
  • what we should be doing differently, and;
  • whether we should be calling in the engineers?

Hope someone out there with knowledge of these systems can provide some preactical advice.

Thanks.

Davi

-- DavidCoss

Reply to