Video over CAT5?

Audio needs good amplifiers at the receiving end to make it any use. Most, or I'd go with "all", surveillance cameras with audio are crap, to put it bluntly, at giving decent audio, that's unless they are connected to an amplifier with good bass tone and treble frequency control. If going for audio facility on the camera, then try to choose one with a compressor microphone.

Would you believe the best camera with audio I've ever used, and still continue to use where needed, is this one:

it's worth shopping around for a while before committing yourself I find.

Reply to
BigWallop

That's what I said, it's an easy adaptor between standard BNC and RJ45 connectors. Why get all technical about a simple adaptor that does the job without any fuss of doing the impedance matching yourself. If I'd wanted to go into details of impedance matching with series and parallel resistor configurations, and MOSFET screening using diode / resistor reflection, then I would have, don't you think?

It doesn't change the fact that the link I provided to Alan shows an easy adaptor for him to use with the cable and camera system he described.

Reply to
BigWallop

In message , Dave Jones writes

All you need is a source of power at each end

Reply to
raden

In message , BigWallop writes

quality is really poor