Vibrating washing machine

I've got the washing machine in the utility room and am planning to stack the tumble dryer on top (I have the proper fixing for that). It seems to be a tiled but suspended floor. The plan is also to put our Beko 700-wide FF next to it.

Now, I suspect the washer is likely to vibrate at times as it spins up/down (it did this to some extent at our old house). Does anyone have any experience with measures to suppress washer vibration, such as rubber pad underneath, bracketing to the wall, etc? Are such measures effective?

Cheers,

Reply to
Tim Streater

Make sure the feet are properly adjusted so that there is no tendency for it to rock in any direction. A rubber pad would make matters worse.

Reply to
John

I didn't bother with the official stacking kit. I got a mate to weld up some brackets out of angle iron & hung the dryer on the wall. Been there 10 years at least.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Or simpler still, some duct tape around the gap between the machines. My mother's dryer has stayed put for the last 5 years like that.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

It's not really a problem with the dryer - I had the washer and dryer fixed together with the stacking kit at our old house. I want to avoid any hard to the FF or its contents.

I googled for "washing machine vibration suppression" or similar and got some sources for rubber mats.

Reply to
Tim Streater

My dryer is on a Dexion bracket (in the garage). My car bonnet goes under it.

Reply to
John

I did similar but fitted a spare bit of worktop on a frame of 2x1 with a pair of 2x1 legs. It's been good for three tumble driers over about 25 years. It'll see me out.

Reply to
<me9

You must make sure the washing machine is as level left to right and front to back, this will minimise the vibrations as will having the machine on a solid floor.

Reply to
Dwill

A machine could be level whilst only resting on 3 legs - it is essential that all 4 feet are taking the weight. Often one foot is readily adjustable - but the others need to be persuaded to adjust in order to take the weight. Being 'level' is not too critical in my opinion. Try and rock it from corner to corner (diagonally)

Reply to
John

If the machine is not level, even if all 4 feet/wheels are on the ground, it will move around more during the spinning part of the prog.

But I accept that all feet/wheels need to be on the floor and level (L to R and F to B)

Reply to
Dwill