Very OT - what is your "sod it" purchase limit?

I really find it impossible to believe that it's possible to tell the difference

Reply to
tim...

Remember that cats used to be Gods. They know these things

Reply to
charles

The only ingredient in fish is fish.

Reply to
charles

Don't really apply to the cat - I gave that Harrods example as a bit of silliness but unless food is obviously off or uncooked or a disaster for fat/sugar intake, I myself find it quite difficult to dislike food whether it is the food which cost tuppence, or something 'posh'.

The TV people imagine a lot of people are fussy connoisseurs, and absolutely have to have the right thing to eat, or risk being untrendy. Ok, something unusual is an experience (erm, a Chinese....), but to go overboard and to live ya life controlled by it?

Food fads are not important. If it were available I'd take a multivitamin pill and measured dose of everything else for a recommended daily intake.

My daily salads are similar enough as it is.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Or by getting another tank and filling it during April last year.

Reply to
Andrew

Plus PCBs and micro plastics

Reply to
Andrew

Waitrose Value range is better than the normal stuff other places sell.

Reply to
Andrew

charles explained on 17/02/2021 :

We have a dog who normally refuses to eat dog food, or those mixer biscuits. She will happily eat the very same biscuits, if offered as a special treat.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

I was not referring to tins of cat food. The 'fish' involved was fresh

Reply to
charles

If the owner can can appreciate the taste of top quality fish as bought from Harrods, then that will certainly apply to the cat as well.

In addition, maybe the cat also recognises the green and gold carrier bags it comes in.

michael adams

michael adams

and the only variable here is likely to be:

how fresh

and that will make a difference

but even Harrods is going to have difficulty sourcing really fresh fish

Reply to
tim...

but can they?

Reply to
tim...

have you seen that advert for the dog food specifically individually created for your own pooch

what's that all about?

Reply to
tim...

better in what way?

and the range just seems to be basics, not ready meals (which is what Tesco Finest is)

Reply to
tim...

What makes you say that ?

michael adams

michael adams

Why shouldn't they ?

michael adams

michael adams

Because it can take days/weeks to get back from sea, and has already been frozen enroute. If you want fresh fish, you need to go down to somewheer like Worthing beach and buy what was caught that day from the bloke that caught it.

Reply to
Andrew

Well I dunno. Their essential baked beans taste as good as if not better than Heinz. which is my favourite 'branded' bean. Their own brand sausages are better than any brand. Their own brand frozen fries and cornflakes are identical to branded ones 30% more expensive...and so it goes on ...

Basically you are paying more for the product and less fir the national TV advertising

There are some pretty basic ready meals at Waitrose. Some are even worth eating

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Morrison's - a pound for 4

at 7.50 per kilo I should hope so

that's more than I pay for raw pork

I buy neither of those items

yes I understand that

well which ones then?

Reply to
tim...

I cant remember - I very rarely buy them.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher