vernier-caliper

I've just purchased a vernier-caliper
https://www.screwfix.com/p/magnusson-vernier-caliper/4269v
On the packaging it says "Made in China. All figures are approximate"
It doesn't give much confidence that the 100mm to 150mm +/-0.03mm figure is accurate!
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

alan_m pretended :

Yesterday in Lidl, they had one of these - https://www.screwfix.com/p/magnusson-digital-vernier-caliper/7093v On their reduced shelves at just £5.59 reduced from £7.99. Identical item, just a different badged name. I already had one, but it would have been rude not to get a spare at that price..

Not sure if that is the same one but.. my electronic vernier has a bad habit of flattening the battery (2032?) while unused. There was a thread about slotting the foam wrap to stop them switching on while on the shelf. Perhaps a permanent current draw more likely. I disconnect the battery for storage.
Seems OK on accuracy once calibrated.
--
Tim Lamb

Mine is exactly the same. I always remove the battery cover now for storage.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

I'm forever leaving mine on. Mitutoyo brand and pretty old. Doesn't seem to make a difference to battery life which is several years.
--
*Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?