vernier-caliper

I've just purchased a vernier-caliper

On the packaging it says "Made in China. All figures are approximate"

It doesn't give much confidence that the 100mm to 150mm +/-0.03mm figure is accurate!

Reply to
alan_m

alan_m pretended :

Yesterday in Lidl, they had one of these -

their reduced shelves at just £5.59 reduced from £7.99. Identical item, just a different badged name. I already had one, but it would have been rude not to get a spare at that price..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

In message <qkuj34$bjf$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Harry Bloomfield <?.?@NOSPAM.tiscali.co.uk.invalid> writes

Not sure if that is the same one but.. my electronic vernier has a bad habit of flattening the battery (2032?) while unused. There was a thread about slotting the foam wrap to stop them switching on while on the shelf. Perhaps a permanent current draw more likely. I disconnect the battery for storage.

Seems OK on accuracy once calibrated.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Mine is exactly the same. I always remove the battery cover now for storage.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I'm forever leaving mine on. Mitutoyo brand and pretty old. Doesn't seem to make a difference to battery life which is several years.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)