Velux Opener

Any bright ideas for an out-of-reach Velux window opener? £20 plus seems a bit steep.

Reply to
RJH

How far does it have to reach?

Reply to
Jeff Layman

How about one of those litter pickers (if long enough). Would need to be a fairly strong one, not cheapo Aldi type.

Reply to
Davidm

I just stand on a chair

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

:-)

I can do that, but it's a bit of a lean from the landing, over the staircase to the window. It would need to be about 4' long, and approximate the claw type arrangement of the devices on sale. Can't think how to improvise the claw though.

Reply to
RJH

RJH formulated on Saturday :

If the window is like the one I fitted - A near full width bar, to open the trickle vent, or pull a bit harder and it swings open.....

A wooden broom, screw one of those pound shop large red hooks in it (intended for hanging ladders etc.), to open it. Use the other end of the broom to close it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

I made one froma length of broom handle and a modified brass coat hook.

Reply to
Reentrant

We have a plastic boat hook on the end of an alloy pole which was intended for using a paint roller (or window washing stuff).

Hook end for opening. Rubber bung end for closing.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David