VAX carpet washer problem

Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously wrong.
Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Peter Twydell wrote:

Most likely fault is a build up of detergent residue.
Does that model have a pump or does the liquid flow by gravity?
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Just old-fashioned gravity - what Newton discovered when Granny Smith fell on his head.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Peter Twydell wrote:

Gotta be bunged up then I reckon. Fush it with a white vinegar solution.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Who, Granny or Newton?
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/VAX-carpet-washer-problem-624324-.htm andytaxi2264 wrote:
Peter Twydell wrote:

-------------------------------------
i have the same problem, my model is vax rapide, how did you go on with yours
On 24/06/2011 14:29, andytaxi2264 wrote:

Have you inspected the tubing for blockages? That turned out to be the problem when ours packed up. Took ages and extensive dismantling to find the cause.
--
Peter

<snip>
Good idea to flush the machine with plain water after every use to stop this happening.
On Saturday, 3 April 2010 11:43:27 UTC+1, Peter Twydell wrote:

This happened to our machine, no blockages, the trigger mechanism needs a 5p piece putting underneath the trigger - pull out the orange securing cli p from the base of the handle, lift off the handle and place a 5p piece on top of the release button (you might want to put a bit of blue tack under t o hold secure), re assemble the handle and no more problems!! Bryan
On 13/10/13 15:03, snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk wrote:

alternatively get a warranty replacement part. we now have about half ours replaced under warranty.
It truly is an even bigger peice of shit than the dyson SWMBO also bought.
By making a nuisance of yuourself with VAX they MIGHT just realise a better design would save them money. Though I doubt it.
--
Ineptocracy

Its always the small design things that ruin a good design though. I have a Vax vacuum, and the three main idiot design decisions are. Cleaner too low to the floor resulting in any raised areas like carpet securing strips at doorways gouging lumps out of the bottom Rotating brush tool that has its swivel made of such thin plastic that it breaks off most of the timees you use it
Terribly designed muck container that needs such precise alignment to replace that it needs some minutes and lots of swearing to get the thing emptied.
Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"The Natural Philosopher" < snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
I was just wondering the same. Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Phil L" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 15:08:02 +0100, Phil L wrote:

'cause 'es a plonker on google groups?
--
Cheers
Dave.
On Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 11:43:27 AM UTC+1, Peter Twydell wrote:

had same problem what I did was remove the brushes and bottom one with I th ink its 7 spinning brushes underneath is a fitting look like a large allen key socket turn upside down and fill this socket with malt vinegar at first didn't move few seconds later the vinegar had gone fill it again . next put cleaner right way up no brushes plug in switch on and press trigge r water should then come through, testing this should be over sink as spray could make a mess. hope this helps a lot of other as it did me. all the best Peter

Unlikely it wasn’t fixed in the 10 years since then.
Only 9 years late this time congratulations. Brian
--
----- --