Varnishing

Hi folks,

I have a velux in some of some tlc. Its had some kind of wood stain on it. On the bottom ledge of it as it were is a little black stuff, mould perhaps which is deeply in in and won't wipe off.

I'm wondering how I can restore this to a former glory doing the work my self ?

thanks

Reply to
Jacob

Only way would be take it back to bare wood ... sandpaper or wire wool. Then wipe well with Meths, and varnish with good exterior grade polyurethane varnish ... at least 3 coats, fine sand and wipe clean between coats.

Alternative... paint it

Reply to
Rick Hughes