Bosch worchester boiler junior query

Hi,

I have a bosch worchester boiler 24i juniror installed installed about 8 months ago, recently it has started to act oddly with its pressure. Normally sits at 1 bar but is bouncing between 1 bar right up to 2 bar but still in the green of the guage and its losing water on the kitchen counter.

As its under warranty to I called them and amazingly they came out next day change a part called the expansion veselle? connecting hose, and the valve doodah it connects to.. the engineer came to the conclucion from the trail of water that the diaphram in the veselle had burst causing this. So off he proceeded to remove the boiler from the wall alone and changed it all inside an hour! which I thought was good.

Today is day 2 of this work being done and so far no leaks, but I have noticed the pressure guage flutuates slightly. Basically when not in action it sits at 1 bar when in action this pressure raises to 1.2-1.3 I know very little but I was wondering if this is acceptable an normal or a problem as my old boiler say at 1.5 bar and didn't move at all. I only ask as while its under warranty I want to make sure its all working efficiently.

On a side note for anyone else, its a good boiler despite this problem, only niggle is the hot water is set at a non changeable setting, I think 55oc not a problem for me but her in doors likes steamy hot baths. hat scald pfft.

Thanks

Reply to
Jacob

"Jacob" wrote in news:ih7kde$dmv$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

It would be unusual if the pressure did not increase when the boiler is in heating mode!

Heliotrope Smith

Yup, sounds plausible...

That is pretty much what you should expect. As the water heats up it expands a bit. The pressure vessel in the boiler is half full of compressed air (separated from the water by a rubber diaphragm) and this is designed to absorb the expansion of the water (by allowing the air to compress a bit more). So depending on how much water there is in total in your rad circuit is, you should expect to see the pressure rise as it warms.

Have a read of the sealed heating system FAQ to get a better idea of what all the bits do:

John Rumm