vacuum cleaner-comparison-best buy

Hello there, can anyone recommend a decent vacuum cleaner (cylinder one)? Do you know any useful and recent test/comparison made by some consumers association reporting the best buy ? Thanks for your suggestions! Augusto
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Search http://www.google.it/ for Italy's version of our 'consumer association'.
Products recommended in a UK group (or misc.consumers.frugal-living where a broom would be suggested [1]) would not necessarily be distributed in your country.
FWIW, the 'henry' from Numatic has a good following here. http://www.numatic.com
[1] - only kidding folks... ;-)
--
Adrian C

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 18:26:03 UTC, " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

Henry.

man get the hell out of here
On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 21:20:09 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

What are you on? Perfectly reasonable answer. Unless you're a frugal liver/Amish!
Bob Eager wrote:

Which? don't rate it at all well. In fact, unusually, it gets rated DON'T buy...
Andy

So that's a positive recommendation, then! Which? are notoriously flaky...whereas many people find it good value and efficient and reliable.
Bob Eager wrote:

Regardless of what Which might say, Henry is the best selling vac in the UK comercial cleaning market by a huge margin. Cleaning contractors don't ask for 'vacuums' or 'hoovers' they ask for 'Henrys'. Daily office cleaning is the toughest sector of the small dry vac market and the Numatic Henry & varients have totaly dominated it for the last 20 years.
Every major multi national manufacturer in the world has tried to better Henry & pals and failed miserably.
There is a very good reason for this........
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

I have used one and it wasn't great - I would recommend Miele
On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 21:51:08 +0000, Andy Champ wrote:

I don't think that's true - the latest report seems to be April which doesn't have such a rating for Henry. Do you have a reference?
Although it has to be said there is a design fault somewhere in the machine which stops the reduced power setting from working properly after a (short) time.
--
Chris Game

"If everything seems under control, you're
Chris Game wrote:

I have a web subscription. Report dated 19 Oct 2007.
"We rarely find an upright vacuum cleaner that's good at every task but performance of some models is so disappointing we'd recommend all Which? readers give them a miss."
I don't want to post the whole report up, that'd be a bit of a copyright violation.
Andy

But...but....you were talking about a Henry...which is NOT an upright!
Bob Eager wrote:

That's a bloody good point - and it really *is* what they said!
Augusto, it says this:
"Subscriber-only content (s) Premium content is available to subscribers only. To gain full access to all areas of this report, plus a wealth of unique features from Which?, please log-in or sign up now.
Best Buys (s) A Best Buy vacuum cleaner will pick up dirt others leave behind."
I'm really *not* prepared to break the law for you lot.
There's always
"30 day trial offer: Try Which? to access all our reports, guides and interactive features - just £1.00 for 30 days"
That's what I did, then forgot to cancel the darnn thing in time!
Andy

I followed your suggestion but....it seems they do not accept any subscription or trial from Italy... Thanks in any case. A.

Which are the best 3 cylinder choices? ;)
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I think Kawasaki is the ONLY choice.
--
Cheers, Bev

Typical misleading, incorrect "Which?" crap.
Our Sebo X1 beats the pants off any cylinder vacuum I've ever used.

Seconded.

If you have 160 or so, then the mid range Miele's outstrip anything else. Period.
If you have only 100, then get a Henry.
Don't bother with anything else.
Tim..