v for frequency?

A Pak (Panzerabwehrkanone) works better.

Reply to
rbowman

Then you never met Mr. Planck, Einstein, Bohr etc.

<

And it's a nu, not a v.

Imagine the confusion in an area where i is already used for current.

G.

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

That's a point, why do we label ohms, but don't label miles per hour? There should be a word for speed.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I thought slack jawed Merkins said "cycles" to mean Hertz? Y'all got 60 cycles over here, our electrons does gonna move faster than dem dare ooooropeeean wonnns.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If the Os has no domension, I don't need a license for it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

In message snipped-for-privacy@ryzen.home, Commander Kinsey snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com writes

Now that we're free from the oppressive jackboot dictatorship of the EU, can we now not revert to the traditional cycles per second (c/s, or simply 'cycles', etc)?

Reply to
Ian Jackson

If it's that important, you can use knots.

Reply to
Fredxx

Perhaps change to 60Hz while we're at it?

Reply to
Fredxx

And a Chain is the length of a cricket pitch.

Reply to
Robert

The reciprocal unit is the Ec.

Reply to
John Larkin

That's barbaric. Here we measure length in (American) football fields and volume in Olympic swimming pools.

Reply to
John Larkin

The calibration standards are cheap too.

Reply to
John Larkin

Dem dumb yanks kept England from starving in WWII, and mostly still do. The Brits seem to have never figured out how to grow things. Or, for that matter, how to cook them.

Reply to
John Larkin

What did the brits call frequency before the Hz was invented? Did they even have frequency?

I think they measured energy in scuttles.

Reply to
John Larkin

Our football pitches vary in size significantly. Our normal unit of length is the London bus.

Reply to
Joe

Nope. Very little agricultural produce comes from the USA. Canadian wheat, yes. USA whent, no. Our oranges come nor from Floria, but from S africa North Africa and the middle eats. Beef is from argentina Lamb from New zealand. Apart from apple marketing and mcdonalds logos we dont actually import much of anything from the US Latterly some gas and wood chips.

The Brits seem to have never figured out how to grow things. Or,

strange to hear an American use the word 'cook' I have never seen an american cook ANYTHING.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What a sad plonquer you are.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

'How I Won the War' was a mildly amusing novel made into a mediocre movie with John Lennon. Set in WWII Africa when ever the natives would try to get something from the Brits, the officer would say 'That wouldn't be cricket.' When the petitioner asked 'What's cricket' a long, boring explanation was given until he got discouraged and went away.

iirc there was also a sequence about collecting stool samples from the indigenous population.

Reply to
rbowman

I was surprised to find there isn't an agreed on dimension. It's like hurling which expands to fit whatever field is available. The local hurling club plays on a regulation American football field which is really too small.

Reply to
rbowman

Nope, they grew their own and were actually more healthy for it.

Nope, f*ck all food is imported from the USA.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Ditto.

Reply to
Rod Speed