Using Trade Paint

I'm about to put the topcoat on my front door. When I went to the paint shop the colour & finish I wanted (Dulux Weathershield, satin) were only available in Dulux Trade (specifically Weathershield Exterior Quick Drying Satin).

I've never used Trade paint before & I've got a few questions (the instructions on the tin weren't too much help): Do I need to diute it first? If so, in what proportions? Does it go on any differently? Are drying times or the finish any different?

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael

Reply to
Michael D

My experience of trade paint is that the quality of opacity and finish can be much higher. Trade paint is not non-drip. I found that I needed to thin the paint considerably and apply in very thin coats (compared to ordinary non drip domestic stuff) and use a good quality brush. The finish afterwards (with rubbing down completely dry coats before the final layer) was astounding, almost like sprayed, I used car polish on top every few months because it looked so good.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

This product should not be thinned. Should you ignore their recommendation, the solvent is water.

Christian McArdle