Using Rosate 36

I bought a litre of Rosate 36 last year, and was delighted with the results.

However, I have forgotten, and cannot find, the recommended dilution for ordinary garden use - young nettles, dandelions etc.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
News

Dilution Rate: 1-3L Rosate to 50L water From

Or pro rata, e.g. 100 ml in 5 litres, 10 ml in 500 ml. I'd go for this higher dilution rate. Takes a bit longer to take effect but has more time to spread through the whole plant.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

In message , Chris Hogg writes

Excellent. Thanks Chris. All I could find were rates per hectare or whatever :-) My Hozelock sprayer failed, so I was delighted to find a little O ring in the shed, which seems to have cured that problem.

Reply to
News

In article , News writes

The pumps with the O-ring on the piston quite often appear to stick and get damaged if forced. It's worth dismantling the pump before this happens and lub-ing the O-ring sparingly with some silicone grease to avoid this. I have had one stick a little after some disuse following treatment but some easy pressure on the pump freed it off.

This was after spraying a water based insecticide.

Reply to
fred

Using Gallup 360 (which I think is the same concentration) I use 25ml per litre of water in a sprayer.

p.s. Are you sure the bottle label doesn't peel away to reveal the instructions?

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , fred writes

Excellent, thanks. Yes, this pump was found here in the greenhouse when we moved in 13 years ago, and it was old then. Probably due a little TLC.

Reply to
News

In message , Andy Burns writes

The label does indeed peel back, and I'm sure the dilution rate must be there somewhere, but all I could find was application rates for farms and estates. Thought it best to ask those who use the same product on a much smaller scale.

Reply to
News

Andy's suggested dilution is equivalent to 125 ml in 5 litres, slightly higher than the numbers I gave you, but well within the range suggested by the mfrs.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

You can google this.

My first hit:

Fredxxx

On eBay it advises 20ml per litre of water

Reply to
csmrunning

If you buy the small 10ml size bottle of this weed killer - possibly enough for a small flower pot.

Reply to
alan_m

Once we leave the EU can we have sodium chlorate back? I remember a garden with four foot weeds and we applied NaClO3 and in less that two hours it looked like the place had been napalmed.

No harmful residues.

I know this substance was previously used for malign purposes but my understanding is that such persons now use different products instead.

Reply to
Scott

Given that we have already left, why are you not lobbying the manufacturers?

Reply to
Tim Streater

So why will nothing much grow there for a year or so?

The reason for using it was that it was easy to get. I used it a lot when young, it makes me shiver now. A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing - I had no idea how sensitive it was when hammering the ends of a copper tube shut with sugar and sodium chlorate inside.

And the rocket I made with dried chlorate-soaked newspaper rolled up inside some ally tube didn't lift off, it exploded bigly. -- Cheers Clive

Reply to
Clive Arthur

I think existing rules apply during the transition period. Anyway, it was not the manufacturers that restricted it.

Reply to
Scott

I know there were challenges. Someone I know as a student went to school in Liverpool and they demolished the cycle shed, which required a bit of calculation in the days before electronic calculators.

Reply to
Scott

It's just glyphosate concentrate, presumably 360g/liter. Recommended dilutions for this strength of glyphosate seem to vary from 5 to your

20 ml/litre water. Lower concentrations take longer to work, but can be more effective on difficult weeds, eventually.
Reply to
Chris Hogg

Funny, so did mine! I found the shrapnel a year later. Ugly

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Nothing but ten times overdose ever worked on brambles, for me.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The one I made was using loo paper in a cigar tube with balsa fins. The cigar tube just melted, fell over and fizzled violently.

Happy days!

Reply to
Chris Hogg