used sanitary products in the washing machine after I had it fixed

So, I had to have a plumber come round to fix my washing machine. I think he had to clean it or something to relieve a blockage. Well, all was well for a few weeks, but last time the machine was used, there were used sanitary products in the machine and door would not open so I had to force the door open. Is it possible that the machine was connected to the dirty drain water? How come this only happened the last time (to my knowledge!!?) Any advice would be appreciated. The original plumber accepts no responsibility.

I have ordered a new washing machine from Curry's and paid for them to deliver and fit, but I am worried they will fit it wrong if the machine is currently fitted wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
butterfly

Assuming you mean a tampon or towel, it would be impossible for one to be sucked into a washer from the drain. It would have to get through u-bends, pumps and filters, and the machine certainly wouldn't work properly while that was happening.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Who uses the machine that would have a used sanitary towel in their dirty laundry? or Did someone put a garment in that had a spare tampon in one of their pockets? or Did the plumber miss the original blockage in the first place and only dislodge it to eventually flush itself into the machine weeks later? or Has the culprit again used the machine with a spare tampon in the garment after initial fix?

It surely has to be one of these examples!

Reply to
p.mc

Got any "New" teenagers in the house lately?

What exactly do you mean?

What type of sanitary products and how many? What do you mean the door wouldn't open - are you saying the two are connected in some way?

The only way "sanitary products" can get into a washing machine is through the door. This can only be (depending on the product) if they are in underwear or pockets. If they are not yours then they are someone else's who's clothes were in the machine or who has access to the machine. It's just possible something got through into the drum (and then back out again) but initial entry would be through the door. The feed water comes through a tiny valve and filter and the waste water has a trap/air break.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

In message , Bob Mannix writes

Sounds like you've been "trolled" to me ...

Reply to
geoff

or really upset some female - if the report is genuine Robbie

Reply to
Roberts