US timber house designs

Obviously. However, do you have a reference to support your assertion that there were significant numbers of these wooden prefabs that you mention?

There don't seem to have been any in any UK government programme, so at the very least, your suggestion that prefabs were wooden doesn't seem to stand up.

Reply to
Andy Hall

The message from Andy Hall contains these words:

Foreign exchange was extremely scarce in the immediate post war years. I am sure even the Labour government of the time would have appreciated the importance of not importing products unnecessarily.

Reply to
Roger

The UK needed anything and everything it could lay its hands on.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It still does. So we can conclude that there wasn't a substantial deployment of wooden prefabs, I take it.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Wrong conclusion.

Reply to