uPVC Window - Oriel Bay

I have a small oriel window - rectangular plan - which I would like to replace.

Currently the opening lights are hinged directly onto the wooden corner posts which gives me a pleasing area of glass.

uPVC windows (from a walk around look and a couple of estimates) seem to have 4" square corner posts - then a frame within onto which the opening lights are placed. This would reduce the width of glazing - making the glazing narrower than the opening in the wall of the room.

Has anyone seen any make of double glazing which uses slimmer corner posts?

Regards

John

Reply to
DerbyBoy