Unwanted Christmas Presents.

YMYA? Sorry, I don't understand that and neither does google.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

You're Me, You Are.

Reply to
Huge

Many thanks for that

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Interestingly, in the property I've just bought and which was the subject of my recent and now-resolved "Locating discontiniuty in CPC - how? Help?!" conundrum, there was a GF grill left in the cupboard.

Never actually used or seen one of these before, but I surmise from the angled base that the liquid fat is intended to run out and away from the food? If so, where is it supposed to go, does it just pool on the worktop or am I missing something here?!

David

Reply to
Lobster

You are missing the little dish that collects the fat.

They don't appear to be available separately from anywhere, but a foil pie-dish may be an acceptable substitute.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I think you're missing the "fat collecting bucket (tm)".

Reply to
Skipweasel

With the added bonus that you can put a pastry lid on and flog it as a Tesco Value pie.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Lol! many a true word said in jest!

Reply to
John Rumm

It will have be 11 inches wide and 2 inches the other way with a depth of about 1/2 inch, but make sure the pie dish does not have holes in it for the fat to escape from.

It's basically a canoe shape, but without the top covering.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Skipweasel

Ah OK, all is revealed!

Seems odd (to me) that this collecting dish is completely separate to the grill itself; I'd have thought it would be integral to it or at least attaching positively to the front or something. Will try and find something appropriate to use instead, and give it a whirl...

David

Reply to
Lobster

It's best if it can be *very* easily removed for cleaning, and therefore a simple shape. Believe me.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I don't know if anywhere sells garlic bread (or the 'tear and share' cheesy breads) in foil containers, otherwise a cardboard garlic bread container lined with foil would do.

Ditch the foil each use and the cardboard container should be reusable for a small number of re.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I've seen them at the grocery store,, they are common

Reply to
Ala

If it had a covering would it be a kayak shape?

Reply to
1501

Easier to remove and shove in the dishwasher.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Whatever floats your boat.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Having scraped the fat out and shoved it in the bin first so the fat doesn't go down the drain...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Maybe this one is genuine

seems there's one born every minute (or six individual bidders within a day) blocks of MDF wrapped in pretty paper anyone?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Their feedback as a seller seems OK. Not that I'll be bidding.

Reply to
Skipweasel