Unvented tanks - certification

I read somewhere (but cant find it now) that you need a special certification for installing and working on on unvented tanks (a bit like gas safe for gas appliances or NECIEC etc for Part P)

Can anybody tell me more about who does the certification or what body a plumber should belong to, to be able to self certify a pressurised tank installation.

Or in this complete nonsense and any tom dick or harry can do it?

Thanks.

Reply to
Chris B

Building regs Part G for water systems

G3 certificate for installing unvented tanks

Reply to
Andy Burns

TVM

Reply to
Chris B

Installing a hot water cylinder comes under the building regs (see section G3). There was a time where this only applied to unvented cylinders although now it applies to all types.

There is a bit more background on here:

Its not nonsense, but not rocket science either...

In terms of overall complexity, its nothing difficult. It does need to be done right in the sense that there is an explosion risk in very extreme cases of numptyism, or more likely, a scalding risk or risk of contamination of a public water supply.

Reply to
John Rumm

There are a few one-day G3 certificate courses around. It takes longer to become a rocket scientist. :)

Reply to
GB