Unplug your phone charger and stop global warming

You're forgetting

"Nice try"

"Excellent, personal abuse"

and

"Mind reading"

surely?

Ian

Reply to
The Real Doctor

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Ian

Reply to
The Real Doctor

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 00:30:39 +0100 someone who may be geoff wrote this:-

Excellent, another personal attack, Do keep it up.

However, people will notice that personal attacks are attempts to play the man rather than the ball.

You may have the last word.

Reply to
David Hansen

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:29:19 +0100 someone who may be geoff wrote this:-

.

On the first page they have the following:

"He emphasises that the book isn?t quite finished yet, and says he?s always glad to hear from someone who has something to add or has spotted a mistake.

"In Without the hot air, MacKay examines our total energy usage in the UK, and then tries to provide a similar amount of energy but without using any oil and gas."

So, the mistake was very easy to spot, it is in the second paragraph I quoted.

Reply to
David Hansen

I wonder if that's because there's not really a ball to play....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not much, although its more the fact that they let the original stone and lime whitewash farmhouses fall into ruins or knock them down completely and build the above that hurts. Breathtaking scenery peppered with carbuncles

In fact we have just inherited one of the few remaining older farmhouses, which leaves us with a conundrum.

The house

view

Mark

Alan

Just knock it down and get a quote from Marley.

I have friends in Cork and relatives in Tipperary. Both lots have abandoned beautiful Georgian buildings to have a nice modern bungalow constructed in the grounds. When met with blank, English incomprehension at the vandalism they state that the new house is cleaner, cheaper to heat and easier to clean than the old pile. Also there's the unspoken but hinted at lack of comfort with the concept of living in a house that was in all probability built by the English.

Reply to
Steve Firth

were purist you might return it to a thatched roof.

BTW, call that a mountain? This is the view from our farm:

Steve Firth

Not the typical 3 bladed type. Is it an experimental one - or an old one?

Reply to
John

Reply to
geoff

farmhouses,

Absolutely, but logic doesn't apply to an Englishman when it comes to his castle of choice. Unless you're from Essex........

Could be worse, it could have been built by George Wimpy No come to think, it wouldn't still be standing and habitable

-
Reply to
Mark