Unplug your phone charger and stop global warming

And for some reason, manufacturers such as Samsung and Archos have devices that are charged via USB but which use proprietary sockets on the devices .

Reply to
Steve Firth

In message , David Hansen wrote

That's because there is no such thing as Global Warming.

Reply to
Alan

In message , David Hansen writes

oh do f*ck off with your whining

Reply to
geoff

That's fine. By the time it's available, all the old devices will be overdue for going to the landfill anyway.

Reply to
Andy Hall

There are lots of uses of the word "could" however which rather suggest BG not being willing to put its money where it's mouth is.

I wonder why they don't quote lower figures and use the words "would" and "at least"

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:17:56 +0100 someone who may be geoff wrote this:-

Excellent, rudeness. Generally resorted to by those with no better arguments. Do keep it up.

Reply to
David Hansen

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:00:35 +0100 someone who may be Alan wrote this:-

Ah, proof by assertion. Very convincing.

I'll stick with the IPCC thank you, unless you are able to debunk their arguments.

On the contrary arguments, I like the entry for 13/11/07 at

"There is an interesting, if predictable, piece up on the BBC website devoted to investigating whether there is any 'consensus' among the various contrarians on why climate change isn't happening (or if it is, it isn't caused by human activity or if it is why it won't be important, or if it is important, why nothing can be done etc.). Bottom line? The only thing they appear to agree about is that nothing should be done, but they have a multitude of conflicting reasons why. Hmm?

"The journalist, Richard Black, put together a top 10 list of sceptic arguments he gathered from emailing the 61 signers of a Canadian letter. While these aren't any different in substance to the ones routinely debunked here (and here and here), this list comes with the imprimatur of Fred Singer - the godfather to the sceptic movement, and recent convert from the view that it's been cooling since 1940 to the idea that global warming is now unstoppable. Thus these are the arguments (supposedly) that are the best that the contrarians have to put forward.

"Alongside each of these talking points, is a counter-point from the mainstream (full disclosure, I helped Richard edit some of those). In truth though, I was a little disappointed at how lame their 'top

10' arguments were. In order, they are: false, a cherry pick, a red herring, false, false, false, a red herring, a red herring, false and a strawman. They even used the 'grapes grew in medieval England' meme that you'd think they'd have abandoned already given that more grapes are grown in England now than ever before (see here). Another commonplace untruth is the claim that water vapour is '98% of the greenhouse effect' - it's just not.

"So why do the contrarians still use arguments that are blatantly false? I think the most obvious reason is that they are simply not interested (as a whole) in providing a coherent counter story. If science has one overriding principle, it is that you should adjust your thinking in the light of new information and discoveries - the contrarians continued use of old, tired and discredited arguments demonstrates their divorce from the scientific process more clearly than any densely argued rebuttal."

Reply to
David Hansen

Excellent, an idiot focussing on his shock at being told he's an idiot. As if it were news to him. And what an excellent excuse he thinks he has for ignoring any point made by someone who was "rude" to him. What a shame that in the real world people just look and say "Oh look Hansen's backed into a corner, again."

Eleven "wind turbines" in Ireland have exploded in similar style to the one in the video that Dynamo Dave claimed was an unusual occurence. Two of them damaged/destroyed nearby farmhouses when they failed.

Apparently this can never happen.

I predict more ducking and diving and claims about "rudeness."

Reply to
Steve Firth

In message , David Hansen writes

but specifically resorted to because it's your stock reply to anyone who disagrees with you

It's usenet - idiots like you attract rudeness, get used to it

Reply to
geoff

In message , Alan writes

no, it's localised warming on a global scale, is it ?

Reply to
geoff

Links to news reports please. I'd like to know more.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 14:57:39 +0100 someone who may be geoff wrote this:-

Excellent,a personal attack. Generally the resort of those with no better arguments. Do keep it up, at the very least laughing at those with no better arguments gives mild amusement to some.

Reply to
David Hansen

Oh, you amuse me greatly, repeating the arguments you've been fed by your masters.

Reply to
Bob Eager

On 22 Jun 2008 17:16:52 GMT someone who may be "Bob Eager" wrote this:-

Nice try. However, unless you are claiming to be a mind reader you have no idea if I have any masters and, if I do, who they are.

Reply to
David Hansen

In message , David Hansen writes

As I said, usenet can be a robust forum

if you can't take it , best you bugger off to alt.girls.confirmation or some other moderated group for those of delicate sensibilities

you certainly don't seem to belong here with rufty tufty people who use "direct" language

Reply to
geoff

Steve Firth

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 19:15:36 +0100 someone who may be geoff wrote this:-

Excellent, another personal attack and another attempt at mind reading. Do keep it up.

Reply to
David Hansen

Having recently seen how dreadful the Irish taste in architecture is now, that can only be a good thing. :(

-
Reply to
Mark

In message , David Hansen writes

So, how about it ?

go and find a moderated group where robust language is frowned upon

more your sort of thing

I hear that alt.broken.records needs someone of your character

Reply to
geoff

What! You mean you don't like white Snowcem painted bungalows with uPVC windows and concrete tiled roofs?

Reply to
Steve Firth