Ultrasonic Parking Sensor

But that comment might not have been meant as the compliment you took it as.....

Reply to
Jerry.

In message , Scott writes

Yeah - this ...

Reply to
geoff

So, presumably you have the sensor operating all the time, not just parking. If you can't see the front to park how do you see to drive in traffic, other than leaving an mile gap when at junctions etc. ?

Reply to
Jerry.

Well if the cap fits.....

Reply to
Scott

Being shorter than a Mondeo isn't hard. They are the same length as most parking bays. If you park back end in against a wall and you want access to the boot the front end will be overhanging the parking bay line.

The width has never worried me but now you mention it it always does seem a squeeze getting in and out and I do tend to look for spaces with a mini on one side...

Don't worry this Mondeo example is 10 years old but only 135,000 miles. But with salt on the roads from early November through to April I doubt it will last another winter up here. Probably get a Discovery next on the basis that Range Rovers are even more too expensive. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Didn't take it as a compliment, just as what he said.

Reply to
Scott

Don't be silly. I can take it to about 40cm before I cease to see a gap. It's that last 40cm I need for a tight parking space.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I bet jerry and geoff could see that extra 40 cm. You must be a bad driver!

Reply to
Scott

Well there is nothing that says you must be pointing forwards to drive along a road, only that you should pass to the left side (unless told otherwise) on a normal road....

Apart from that, it's all to do with the ability to control a vehicle, by being able to do what I suggested it would show that the driver can do so.

Reply to
Jerry.

There probably is....

ISTR someone who had a failed gearbox (stuck in reverse) and decided to drive two miles home. They booked him.

Section 179 of the Highway Code probably applies, also Road Vehicles (Construction & Use) Regulations 1986, section 106.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I certainly can at parking speeds. As I said in another message, it's about knowing how long your vehicle is, once you know that you can judge a distance using any part of the vehicle, for example looking at your door mirror as your vehicle moves 40cm in relation to another parked vehicle or other fixed object IYSWIM.

Reply to
Jerry.

In message , Scott writes

Sorry sunshine, I'm not one asking after parking aids, I'm not the one who got abusive

Don't blame me for your inadequacies

End of discussion, I can't be arsed to reply to you anymore

Reply to
geoff

When spotting a parking space in Highbury at 2.30 on a match day? (in a Russ Swift style)

Reply to
Toby

There is. The Construction and Use Regulations 1986, regulation 106 prohibits driving in reverse 'further than necessary'. Cases that have been tried suggest that is not likely to be interprested as being more than a few yards.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

In message , geoff writes

The Emergency Response Driver was simply acknowledging your true status.

Reply to
me

writes

So what's my inadequacy for not being able to see the rear end of my car over my boot? I'm sure you manage just fine in your metro.

Reply to
Scott

Who are you referring to?

Reply to
Scott

Anyone notice the similarity between "Scott" and IMM ? Oy yes. the headers are similar too.

Nick Brooks

Reply to
Nick Brooks

A different version of Outlook Express.

However, I will agree that it is probably getting towards the time for IMM to metamorphose into his next incarnation - sort of like Dr Who.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Did IMM get slated for perfectly reasonable questions aswell? Or maybe because he stands up for himself against the regulars?

Reply to
Scott