Two Sizes of Plastic Pipe

My neighbour is making changes to his bathroom. He has discovered that new plastic waste pipes (with push fit fittings) do not match up to the old plastic pipes - the older ones being larger. Does he have to changes all the pipes to new style or can he get adaptors ?

Terry W

Reply to
Terry W.

Likely that the old pipe is solvent weld which is slightly different diameter. You can buy universal adaptors like this

The Medway Handyman

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in news:evaa7u$cv8$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org:

Many thanks, Dave

Terry W.

Reply to
Terry W.

and neater job than push fit.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 10:59:13 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)" mused:

Yep, I hate pushfit. Makes the job job look like it's been done by a moron IMO. I only use solvent weld, and as above, just use the odd compression for reconnecting to old work, preferably hidden away somewhere.

Reply to
Lurch