Plastic water pipe

I'm fitting my kitchen and a friend has given me a coil of 15mm plastic water pipe but he's had it stored in his loft for 10 years. Would the pipe be still ok to use and are push-fit fittings reliable? I would rather spend a bit more to be sure I don't get a leak behind the units.

Reply to
Andrew

It may be OK maybe not but I think you have answered your own question. Even if 15mm plastic pipe was £5 per metre, which it isn't! Is it worth the 'sleepless nights' for the sake of a few pounds? Thank him very much and keep the pipe for jobs where you can see the joints.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

I did all the plumbing in plastic pipe at my old house and have replaced all but a small section that is behind the bath and under the floor at my new house. Never had so much as a trickle from it. Even done the upstairs central heating with it, but still got the downstairs to do. I am using 15mm QPL barrier pipe and fittings purchased from Toolstation.

Reply to
the_constructor

Plastic pipe is supposed to be good for at least 50 years and there a millions of pushfit connetors in this country that do not leak.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth