Two Quick questions

Is PU expanding foam resistant to water (and cold)?

What should I use to lubricate zips on an awning?

Thanks

Reply to
combi6793

Water, generally yes. Cold certainly. Breaks down under UV exposure though, so you need to take care with it outside.

Chap-stick / lip balm is one commonly used on plastic zips. Graphite can work well on metal ones.

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , snipped-for-privacy@ymail.com writes

Wax from a candle rubbed along it? Or a silicone lubricant?

Reply to
chris French

yes,. and up to a point.

Silicone grease..you can buy tubes, or spray cans.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've got a spray can if silicone dry lubricant that I use on the padlocks for our sheds etc.; I expect it'd work very well on zips, too.

Reply to
Jules Richardson