Two Pendant - one ceiling rose

My wife has bought a couple of pendants lamps -

hang over the dining room table. The end effect needs to look like this -
currently there is only one ceiling rose so I was wandering is there any way of rigging this up without having to fit two new ceiling roses in different locations? I am interested in a solution that is SAFE rather than technically legal. (As opposed to extension cords which are legal but can be used in a dangerous manner - that's a whole other argument - let's not go there ).

Each pendant takes a max 60W lamp. I want the lamps to operate together from a single switch, not independently (sorry no pun intended) My wife was thinking of something like this:

not necessarily my choice but I'm open to suggestions and this might be easier as our ceiling is about 11ft high

Charlie

PS As a side note, I did see this project

it purposely leaves out the electrics part of the job.

Reply to
Charlie

Since you've got plenty of height, why not simply create an 'A' frame - with a horizontal bar[1] with a hole at each end, of length equal to the required spacing. Pass both cables through the holes, and connect them both to the rose. The only slight challenge is in constraining the axis of separation to be in the desired direction.

[1] this could a chrome-plated round or square section metal tube, or a length of bamboo, or whatever - to suit the decor.
Reply to
Roger Mills

why even go that far? Two flexes into the rose, into centre hole drilled in tube, flexes run out of each end to pendulous lamps!

If rotation is an issue, more tube between rose and other tube..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You shouldn't put two flexes into one rose unless it's designed for that.

Something like a Klik pluggable ceiling rose, where the strain relief is in the concealed plug and doesn't reply on the hole in the rose cover, might work.

It would also be easier to adjust the flexes till the shades were completely level if you don't have to it at ceiling height.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

How about replacing the rose with a chrome BESA box, and doing something with a couple of horizontal chromed tubes attached to that and curved through 90 degrees at the other end?

Reply to
Bob Eager

ht

I've not tried getting 2 in but you've got far more chance with flat flex rather than round. No need to change the electrical connections inside. Unless you want to be able to switch just one on at a time, which is an advantage, but does mean some wiring work.

NT

Reply to
NT

Does the shop allow returns?