TV Freeview picture breaking up, New 4G transmitter and Aeroplanes

Well, lot of high rise around there as well? Could be reflections as well as interference. Have you got a 4g filter, if this is not another reply to an old post I'd suggest going to a real usenet server and finding one of the UK tv groups to post your query on. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Yanni snipped-for-privacy@example.com posted

On a closely unrelated subject, does anyone know why we can't get the True Movies channel from the Crystal Palace transmitter?

Reply to
Algernon Goss-Custard

Algernon Goss-Custard formulated the question :

No one gets it now - its channel is now used by 'Sony Movies Classics', or Sony Movies Christmas.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Because the channel shutdown on 7th Jan, replaced by ...

Andy Burns

Umm. Pity I didn't ask before. Now I have missed the chance to record "Double Indemnity" which was on yesterday.

Reply to
Algernon Goss-Custard

Who needs a +1 channel when you can show filmA then a few minutes of news, then filmA again, then news, then filmB, then news, followed by filmB again ...

Then wait about 4.5 days, rinse and repeat, suppose it gets each film a showing at four different times over the course of week?

Reply to
Andy Burns

It's back [twice] on Saturday evening

Reply to
Andy Burns

think I have that somewhere

..oh. no. double jeopardy - not double indemnity

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, "Double Indemnity" is on again next Saturday evening. I can wait that long.

Reply to
Algernon Goss-Custard

not on my freeview it aint. double jeapordy is tho.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sony Movies Classic, Saturday 6th 18:45, Double Indemnity, repeated same channel an hour later.

Film 4, Monday 8th, Double Jeopardy 23:20, repeated on Film4+1 an hour later.

Reply to
Andy Burns

No such channel on my freeview :-(

Sudbury has one mux missing basically

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's not because you're missing COM7, it's because Sudbury doesn't have a localTV mux.

Reply to
Andy Burns

...that would carry com7

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, COM7 is an SFN so is identical at every transmitter nationally whee it exists, it can't carry local variations, until com8 got the chop last year I used to receive 9 muxes from waltham, I still get 8, technically the Nottingham local mux isn't aimed in my direction, but I can still receive it.

Reply to
Andy Burns