tv aerial

Hi,

Basically I was wondering is there a way to split a normal digital tv signal going from the front room to a bedroom ?

If you can what is needed to do this job ?

thanks

Reply to
Pete

If the output's via scart, use a scart adaptor. If its via co-ax, use a standard tv signal splitter.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Depends on the strength of your signal: When I moved into my house, there was a Y splitter in the loft, so I ran a co-ax from the unused arm. This resulted no useful signal in either case and to fix it I had to mess around fitting a masthead amplifier. All the bits came from Screwfix and weren't too expensive. It's been fine ever since.

Given that the switchover is coming (or may have already been, depending on your area), it may be simpler to wait for that, as signals should then be much stronger.

Reply to
GMM

A 2-way splitter, suitable connectors and a length of suitable cable for the second feed ...

Assuming that the existing signal level is sufficient, of course ...

Reply to
Terry Casey

Amplified splitters are available from any radio/TV shop, Wilkinsons and probably the electrical stand at your local market.

I have two antenna, covering two TV regions, and use a standard TV diplexer to combine the signals. This has no amplification and results in a 3dB signal loss. The resulting combined signal is then passed through an amplified four way splitter to provide signals in two bedrooms, the lounge and the office. There is a further amplified splitter in the office to provide signals to three different parts of the room.

The analogue and digital signals from both regions are adequate and the signals available to my TVs and computers are excellent.

Reply to
Old Codger