tube straightening

I need to get a 1" diameter aluminium tube straightened, it's the inner section of a telescopic pole saw. I see lots of devices advertised but they are either for small bore pipes or scaffold tubes. Ideally I need a firm in SE England to do the job.

As the part is £100 I doubt I could get a steel plate drilled with 8 holes and 8 rollers formed with a 180 degree 1" radius made to do the job economically unless many others have bent their pole saws.

Any suggestions?

AJH

Reply to
news

On Saturday, 29 August 2015 23:35:31 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@loampitsfarm.co.uk wrote :

I think you'd be better looking for a new bit of tube from somewhere.

Reply to
harry

That was my thought, or even a sold piece as its the inner tube and obviously the weakest.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Plumber/electrician tube bender works both ways:-)

Standard formers may not suit. Never going to be perfect but it might get you back to work.

Reply to
Tim Lamb