TT earth rod indoors?

I'm starting a kitchen extension which will include where the earth rods are hammered into the mud.

Will I have to move them outdoors?

Or can I concrete them in where they are?

George Miles

I cannot see any reason why you cannot leave them where they are.

But they will need to be in an inspection pit not under concrete.

Reply to
ARW

You would need to consider local soil conditions to asses the impact of that. The rod impedance will tend to rise in dry conditions, so you need to be confident that the tip of the rod is going to stay in adequate contact with damp enough soil, even if the whole thing is permanently sheltered from the rain.

So round here for example (heavy clay) once you are more than 3' down the moisture content is fairly constant year round. In a better draining soil that might not be the case.

Reply to
John Rumm

:-)

Reply to