TRV recommendation

Can someone recommend a type and best place I can get them?

I'm not in a hurry, so an online source will be convenient.

Reply to
Fredxx

Dryton/Invensys TRV4

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Many thanks for the idea. I should have added SWMBO would like white ones!!

What is the performance of the no-name varieties which start at £5 or so? Is there a difference? They all seem to use the same technology.

Reply to
Fredxx

I was told recently that the Drayton patents have expired now, so there are some decent copies about... Not sure how well they work yet, but I have some K-Therm branded ones here to try.

Reply to
John Rumm

Now available in white!

gremlin_95

how about one of these:

tim.....

Reply to
Fredxx

Just installed some of these Danfoss RD2 kits

look very good and apparently perform well - the tiny lockshield is a work of art. (Available in white or chrome).

We also have an RA-URX kit

on a Stelrad tower rad in the hallway, silly price but a beautiful piece of engineering.

-- rbel

Reply to
rbel

I'm all ears !

Reply to
The Other Mike

Contol means bollocks

Kenjut means knob

c'mon Harry where's your indonesian slang ?

Reply to
geoff

They fail after a few years. I've had two types bought from sheds. Life less than 5 years. The Draytons are older than that now and still working fine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

and Drayton sold (and may still do so) spares for their older valves, so you don't necessarily need to unplumb a failed one. I haven't had any of my 10 year old Draytons fail, although they have mostly been left on full all the time - with the heating being zoned, the TRV's turned out not to be necessary on my system.

I just wish BES sold them.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel