TRV recommendation

Can someone recommend a type and best place I can get them?
I'm not in a hurry, so an online source will be convenient.

Dryton/Invensys TRV4
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 03/09/2012 00:59, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Many thanks for the idea. I should have added SWMBO would like white ones!!
What is the performance of the no-name varieties which start at 5 or so? Is there a difference? They all seem to use the same technology.
On 03/09/2012 01:11, Fredxx wrote:

Now available in white!
http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo71/david938/Random/03092012284.jpg
--
David

They fail after a few years. I've had two types bought from sheds. Life less than 5 years. The Draytons are older than that now and still working fine.
--
*Pride is what we have. Vanity is what others have.

and Drayton sold (and may still do so) spares for their older valves, so you don't necessarily need to unplumb a failed one. I haven't had any of my 10 year old Draytons fail, although they have mostly been left on full all the time - with the heating being zoned, the TRV's turned out not to be necessary on my system.
I just wish BES sold them.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 03/09/2012 00:59, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I was told recently that the Drayton patents have expired now, so there are some decent copies about... Not sure how well they work yet, but I have some K-Therm branded ones here to try.
--
Cheers,

John.

how about one of these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:TVR_Chimaera.jpg
On 03/09/2012 14:31, tim..... wrote:

Nice but not within the budget, shame it's a TVR, not a TRV!

I'm all ears !

Just installed some of these Danfoss RD2 kits http://danfoss-randall.co.uk/xxTypex/296768_MNU17532457_SIT313.html They look very good and apparently perform well - the tiny lockshield is a work of art. (Available in white or chrome).
We also have an RA-URX kit http://danfoss-randall.co.uk/xxTypex/208772_MNU17532466_SIT313.html fitted on a Stelrad tower rad in the hallway, silly price but a beautiful piece of engineering. -- rbel
In message

Contol means bollocks

Kenjut means knob
c'mon Harry where's your indonesian slang ?
--
geoff