Trusteer Rapport problems [OT in uk.d-i-y]

responding to

TrusteerSupport wrote: Hi Roger and others,

I am sorry to hear that you have encountered problems with Rapport and uninstalling it, I read all your comments and would like to offer our help-

First of all, all users can contact our support at any time of the day and week-

Our tech support can instruct you regarding uninstalling, uninstalling issues, other technical issues, removing folders and files, removing from the registry. All can be done, for free, without leaving a trace (if you have administrator privileges of course).

Here are a few tips and links that can help you to remove Rapport:

- Uninstalling instructions (by OS)-

If you have failed to remove Rapport via the OS uninstall tool you can get the safe uninstall utility from our team, here-
After removing Rapport you can remove all related folders, instructions for Windows OS (contact support for Mac OS)-
Rapport traces from the registry should not be a problem using CCleaner or Windows' tool- if Rapport was removed properly (and not via other uninstallers)

Regarding

's really outdated, we changed so many mechanisms and features since.

I hope you find this comment helpful and I want to mention again that our technical support team works 24/7 and can help with any issue.

Regards, Alex Man Trusteer Technical Support

Reply to
TrusteerSupport

Yes, I agree that lots of web passwords aren't sensitive (like forum logins) and you can do that. I actually use a rather simple password algorithm for these and don't save in Firefox but it comes to the same thing really.

Reply to
tinnews

technical support team works 24/7 and can help with any issue.

Hi Alex,

Have you ever heard of Usenet?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Many thanks to everyone who replied to my original post. Quite a lively discussion!

A day or so before I posted the OP I tried to contact Trusteer Support to ask how to uninstall Rapport but I hadn't received a reply - hence my post here.

I managed to get rid of the symptoms by using a free program called Soluto, which I happened to have installed not long ago. One of its features is to list everything which is loaded at boot time - giving an opportunity to disable anything you don't want. I told it to disable Rapport and then re-booted and - hey presto - I couldn't find any evidence of any Rapport-related tasks/services running, and there were no more reported crashes.

But the program was still on my hard disk, of course.

Then I did eventually get a reply from Trusteer, claiming that the latest version[1] of Rapport would fix the problem, but also giving a link to their Safe Uninstaller if I really wanted to get rid of it - which I did!

I ran the Safe Uninstaller, and it's gone - yippee! OK, there appear to be a few orphaned registry entries left, but they'll get cleaned up when I next do a purge.

[1] I'm not sure *how* late, because the problematic version was only installed - by some automatic process I don't remember signing up to! - a couple of day ago.
Reply to
Roger Mills

Hi Roger and others,

uninstalling it, I read all your comments and would like to offer our help-

week-

Our tech support can instruct you regarding uninstalling, uninstalling issues, other technical issues, removing folders and files, removing from the registry. All can be done, for free, without leaving a trace (if you have administrator privileges of course).

the safe uninstall utility from our team, here-

Windows OS (contact support for Mac OS)-

CCleaner or Windows' tool- if Rapport was removed properly (and not via other uninstallers)

technical support team works 24/7 and can help with any issue.

A comment for you: sorry, but it's a dreadful piece of software :-/, bloated and a real resource hog.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

I think they'd find it a very difficult argument - for instance, my bank sends me text messages if too much money has unexpectedly gone out of my account and I can then transfer money from another account before 12pm to avoid failed payments and bank charges. They obviously expect me to do this. However, the timing of these messages guarantees that, like most people, I will be at work when they are received and I cannot install any software on my work PC.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Sensible businesses block access to online banking and online shopping, and quite a bit else.

Reply to
Steve Firth

SteveW :

AAMOI what do you mean by "12pm"? Noon or midnight?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Sensible people usually don't use their work machine to access their banking!

If I needed to do so, I would use my own device (possibly iPad or Android phone - but maybe my own laptop). Depending on circumstances, I might even use my own connection rather than work's.

Reply to
polygonum

Well noon obviously. What else would it mean? Are you one of these people who say "It happened at 2am in the morning" and suchlike?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Who knows? AM and PM when applied to 12 has always struck me as being incredibly ambiguous.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Bob Eager

Your link wouldn't work for me. Brackets messed up.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

installing it, I read all your comments and would like to offer our help-

What relevance does that have to my question?

Your cluelessness about Usenet does not bode well for your comapnies abilities.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

That wasn't any better for me. Here's the relevant text from the page:

"There are no standards established for the meaning of 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. It is often said that 12 a.m. Monday is midnight on Monday morning and 12 p.m. is mid-day. This puts all the times beginning with 12 and ending with a.m. in the same one-hour block, similarly with those ending with p.m. It can also be argued that by the time you have seen a clock showing 12:00 at mid-day it is already post meridiem, and similarly at midnight it is already ante meridiem. Times in the first hour of the day are sometimes given as, for example, 00:47 a.m., with 00:00 a.m. corresponding to midnight, but with a time twelve hours later given as 12:47 p.m.

"Another convention sometimes used is that, since 12 noon is by definition neither ante meridiem (before noon) nor post meridiem (after noon), then 12 a.m. refers to midnight at the start of the specified day (00:00) and 12 p.m. to midnight at the end of that day (24:00). Given this ambiguity, the terms 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. should be avoided."

It occurs to me that Steve's bank might have said 12pm meaning midnight and he took it to mean noon. Noon seems a very odd deadline for putting an account into credit. My bank has a similar text facility and the deadline is midnight.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

12pm, is by any form of logic, midnight.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I have always tended to agree with you. But I can see that if you regard

12:00 as referring to the full minute between noon and 12:01 (but not including 12:01 itself), then all bar one infinitesimal point at the start of the minute are indeed PM. (Obviously, you can continue this argument to any chosen smaller unit of time.) At least, that minute certainly isn't AM, is it?
Reply to
polygonum

indeed so. 12 is "noon"'; am (ante meridiem) before noon - pm (post meridiem) after noon. so it's "12 noon" or "12 midnight"

Reply to
charles

on the basis 12 am is also midnight (the one before)

Reply to
charles

No, that would be mid-day.

Reply to