trumppppppppp

are google not doing android updates in this country for hugie phones ? .....
On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 17:54:27 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Good question.
--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!

be nice to have a good answer ....wife bought one a few months ago and is a bit pissed off with it all .......
On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 19:55:33 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

What's needed is for the Android community to get together and create a Google-unencumbered operating system for those phones. They'll need to start from scratch, but it should be do-able.
--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!

Huawei already have their own one. Subject to Chinese censorship, but otherwise works.
--

Roger Hayter

On 15/06/2019 23:47, Cursitor Doom wrote:

Not quite. They can start from Linux.
Andy
I did hear a news item that said that they will be bringing out their own android like OS since google cannot support the commpany any more, after all Google is American and hence is bound by their laws.
Personally I believe all of this is simply to try to put pressure on the Chinese. The big issue to me is the eggs in one basket problem of the way we all rely on digital tech these days. Down goes all the networks for any reason and there is no back up. Brian
--
----- --
On 16/06/2019 07:59, Brian Gaff wrote:

In this case there is a backup - you just buy a different brand of phone.
You do have a valid point in that many consumer electronic components are effectively single sourced and where manufacture of a single item may require factories in more than one country.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

More fool you.

That doesn’t happen.

Corse there is a backup.

On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 07:59:27 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

Make the source code available to the wider community for transparency and development purposes and it's a winner AFAICS.
--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!

On 15/06/2019 17:54, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

google don't do updates for other manufactures phones. The manufacturers get the android software and do updates. then the network operator may put them out as an update over the air or you may be able to download it and instal.
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

My huawei device (tablet not phone) last received an update on 17th May

march :(