Triphosphor Fluorescent Tube

I have 2 geartrays on the kitchen cupboard tops running 58w T8 1500mm tubes and when one tube failed I replaced both with triphosphor ones and now I find that they take about a minute to come up to full brilliance. The old tubes were fully bright as soon as you turned them on so I was wondering is this common with triphosphor tubes or do I need to replace the geartrays with new electronic ballasts.

Reply to
Trevor Smith

and when one tube failed I replaced both with triphosphor ones and now I find that they take about a minute to come up to full brilliance.

wondering is this common with triphosphor tubes or do I need to replace the geartrays with new electronic ballasts.

Its not normal. If you try a different tube you'll know where the fault is.

NT

Reply to
meow2222