Treating MDF

The birch ply *faces* look great, the edges....er....not great at all.

Reply to
stuart noble

I actually don't mind them (it has more "character" than MDF anyway). But adding an edging isn't too big a deal if I decide it bothers me.

Reply to
Mark Rogers

look at the ply as being the "mortar" between the brick-shaped "holes" - I need to try and mock this up

25mm ply _would_ carry car engines. The bottom of my boat is 12mm, and feels solid as rock (though it does have interesting curves), but that's mostly to get the weight up to the class limit. Most are 6mm, and people run about on them.

Unlike chipboard it doesn't creep with age. (Don't know whether or not MDF does)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

In message , Chris Holford writes

Wood hardener should seal the edges MDF.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Use railway sleepers and be done with it

Reply to
stuart noble

:-)

Reply to