Transparent 22mm pipe. Where from?

Any ideas where I can find some transparent 22mm pipe?

Plastic rather than glass. Want to use it in push fit fittings for low pressure water (my garden irrigation system using rainwater - level indication)

TIA

Jerry

Reply to
PSOE

Not sure how it will work with compression fittings, but some of the DIY sheds sell clear flexible pipe of this sort of size, as do places selling pond pumps etc.

You could maybe adapt the flexible pipe using the sort of compression fitting used on the blue water pipe run underground- they use a sort of ferrule that you drive into the pipe to make it rigid where the fitting grips.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

rswww.com do acrylic tube order code 408-4024 for a 1m length, 22mm od x 16mm ID

Reply to
Mike Harrison

If you want hard pipe, you need to find a local plastics supplier. Yellow pages.

Extruded clear pipe is available, for sure, but I can't think of any 'retail' applications.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

How do you plan to deal with algae? (Or is it just for short term use?)

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

Thnx Mike, I searched everywhere and good old RS had it all the time! This looks just the job.

Jerry

Reply to
PSOE

I'll pop it out of the push fit connectors and wash it out with a bottle brush?

Reply to
PSOE

Worth a try at a fish/aquarium/pond type shop. Have seen some pretty heafty clear pipe for sale in some of those places.

Reply to
Philip Thompson